Hello! It’s Friday! That means we’re linking up with You Signed Up For What, Mar On The Run and Eat Pray Run DC again for the Friday Five! This week’s topic is fitness brands to love. We’re self proclaimed gear junkies so we’re each picking our favorite go to gear brands to share.
1. Under Armour – The right running gear makes at the difference. For me, about 85% of my running clothes are Under Armour. They are comfortable and keep me cool and dry.
2. Garmin – Sometimes running without any type of electronics is good so you don’t worry about your pace or time. But for all those runs where I am running for a specific time or pace, I don’t leave home without my Garmin Vivoactive!
3. Asics – I have been running for over 20 years and have tried a whole bunch of shoe brands. I always return to Asics. I prefer the GT 2000 series currently, as I’ve gotten older but also love their Nimbus line.
4. xx2i – My lovely wife got these sunglasses for me and I absolutely love them. The other thing I love is their warranty. “All XX2i sunglasses come with a no questions asked Lifetime Warranty! No matter if your dog chewed on them (which we hear a lot!) or if you drove over them in your SUV, we’ll replace them for a nominal shipping and handling fee of $19.95!”
5. Experia by Thorlo – I learned the hard way that the right socks go a long way. Experia socks keep my feet dry and prevent them from blistering – which is important when you’re running marathons.
1. Brooks– I switched to Brooks for my shoes shortly before my first half. I’ve been running in the Adrenaline GTS 14’s and absolutely love them! I need stability and these have been providing the perfect amount of support. Once the mileage is up on my current pair I’m planning to give the Ravennas a try.
2. Nuun– I love
this stuff! I currently have 15 tubes on hand. Other sports drinks have a tendency to upset my stomach. I love how light the taste of Nuun is, plus the little bit of fizz. My latest obsession is mixing it with sparkling water for a little extra bubble! My favorite flavors: cherry limeade energy, and watermelon.
3. Pro Compression– I love using their marathon socks for recovery (and racing on occasion). Throwing on a pair of these after a long run helps get my legs feeling fresh again a lot quicker. I’ve been wanting to try out their low trainers also!
4. Clif– I use Shot Bloks as my nutrition for long runs and races. They don’t upset my stomach and provide a good boost of energy. My favorite flavor is the Tropical Punch with caffeine.
5. Sparkly Soul Headbands- I swear I must have a weird shape head or something. These are the ONLY headbands I can get to stay put while I’m working out. The fun colors and designs don’t hurt either!
What are some of your go to brands for gear?
Don’t forget to check out our Piece By Piece 5k that we’re holding to benefit Autism Speaks! There’s a virtual option available for those not local to us!