Happy Friday! The other half and I are beginning our third month on this “blogging” adventure and we wanted to thank everyone who has shown support and offered words of encouragement while we attempt to figure it all out.
Today, we’re excited to be linking up with You Signed Up For What, Mar On The Run and Eat Pray Run DC again for the Friday Five! The topic for the week is National Running Day, which occurred on Wednesday, June 3rd.
National Running Day, held annually on the first Wednesday in June, is a day when runners everywhere declare their passion for running.
So here are the five ways we shared our passion.
1. Social Media: Posts, tweets and pictures all the same. We tried to be very active on Twitter, Instagram and here. Hopefully you saw some of those and liked them!
2. Bought New Shoes: It really was time. I hate buying new shoes when mine ‘look’ okay. But the truth is, they were wore out. 398 miles and 71 runs – including a marathon, two half-marathons and numerous 5K’s. My body breaks shoes down faster than some other people may experience, and my knees were telling me it was time! My new Asics GT 2000 3’s arrived and they’re amazing.
3. We Ran!: This is a given! I ran a 5K early Wednesday morning and participated in the Nuun virtual group run via Motigo. At each mile mark along the way cheers from the Nuun team came through the Motion App. My favorite was in the final stretch when Kara Goucher’s message came through! The event is open through Sunday- if you haven’t gotten a chance, you should definitely check it out!
4. Continued Planning our Race: Increasing sponsorship of our event was the main goal this week. We were able to secure Nuun, Motigo, and Soleus as national brand sponsors. They are donating great items for us to giveaway at our Piece by Piece 5K.
5. We registered for our next race! We are all set to run the Canal Run Half-Marathon on July 18! We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than committing to our next event!