For the most part my week went well. I was just tired overall. Very little sleep caused by late nights and very early mornings. Here is the recap of my runs this week:
- Monday – 8.22 mi @ 8:04 pace
- Tuesday – 7 mi. @ 7:30 pace (morning)
- 4 mi. @ 8:28 pace (evening)
- Wednesday – 6 mi. @ 8:22 pace
- Thursday – 8 mi. @ 7:30 pace
- Friday – Rest Day
- Saturday – 13.1 mi. during the Canal Run
- Sunday – 6.01 mi. recovery run @ 8:44 pace
Weekly Total = 52.34 miles
Week seven of my training plan finds me on vacation where I should be running 54 miles; included in that total is my long run of 16 miles along with two 9-mile runs. I don’t expect many issues this week, except that I’m on VACATION! That itself may become an issue with not wanting to run – enjoying time with my family and enjoying the sun, sand and water.
What was my biggest challenge this week?
Adjusting my schedule to fit in my runs. I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning three days in order to do my runs. Unfortunately, even with my efforts I still missed one afternoon run due to traveling for vacation. But I guessed last week that I would hit 52 miles and I was right on.
Does vacation wreck havoc on your training?