Happy Friday everyone! Who’s still stuffed from yesterday? Yesterday was a great time to truly realize what blessings we’ve been given and to understand what we are thankful for. While these may be different from what you were expecting to read, these are some of the most precious blessings we could have in our lives.
1. Early Mornings: Early mornings in our house signal that our children are awake and ready to start their day. We’re thankful everyday for the blessings of children and all the memories that they have given us.
2. 18-hour drives home: These drives are brutal on the best days and absolutely horrible on snowy winter afternoons, however, each drive signals something that we are grateful to have – family to go home to visit. We were reminded this year of how precious life can be and we are thankful that our family is still around to go home and see.
3. 10-hour shifts: There have been many changes at work this year, with most not being for the best. But I need to be reminded that I am thankful to have a job to go to and a paycheck coming in.
4. Worn out running shoes. Throughout our house you’ll find many worn out pairs of running shoes, each pair of shoes reminding us that we were healthy enough to get out and keep exercising. We were able to fulfill personal dreams and goals this year and we are hopeful to have continued blessings in 2016.
5. Disagreements with the other half: Are you thinking, What? Are they off the deep end? Well, no! We are both grateful to have a spouse who after nearly a decade together still believes their love and family is worth fighting for. Life and marriage is not easy. But there is no one I’d rather go through it with than the “other half.” And for that, I am extremely thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!