Happy happy Friday! How was your week? Ours hasn’t been overly eventful, which for once I’m thankful for. Parker ended up with two snow days this week because of freezing rain. Our weather just can’t decide what it wants to do! I went to bring Parker to school this morning and my garage door was frozen to the ground. I’m so ready for spring!
- Team Parker expanded! Parker’s I Run 4 buddy has joined our Team Up! fundraising team for the Chicago Marathon. We’re extremely excited to have the opportunity to meet her in person this fall. It means a lot to us that not only is she dedicating her running to Parker but that she is willing to support him by fundraising and raising Autism Awareness!
- Pre-School Registration: We haven’t talked a lot about Parker’s school, but he is currently in a Special Education classroom (8:1:4- 8 students, 1 teacher, 4 aides). He has made such amazing progress over the course of the year that we have started to explore different options for next fall. Earlier in the week we had a visit to a mainstream Pre-K room that looks like it’s going to be a perfect fit for Parker. There are still a few more hoops to jump through, but we officially registered him after our visit. We are so proud of the gains he has made over the course of the year!
- Peyton: She seems to have made a major developmental leap over the past couple weeks! She’s now walking all over the place, in turn getting into even more mischief. She has also started talking a lot more. To her, everything is a “cat”. Her personality is really starting to shine through and we’re definitely going to have our hands full! She is incredibly strong willed and full of sass.
- Girls night: Tonight I’m getting out of the house for a bit to attend a painting with a twist class. I did one of these back in February but this one is a little different. There are several different paintings to choose from and you can change them up however you’d like. I’m not very skilled in painting but these classes are a lot of fun!
- New Running Shoes: A while back we took advantage of a Brooks sale on Zulily and we’re loving the new shoes! We both ended up going with Ravenna 6’s. We typically both go for Asics but I’m thinking that these shoes will be a good fit as well!
What was one good thing from your week? Any fun plans for the weekend?