Happy Friday! It’s been a bit of a rough week around here. Tuesday afternoon Parker came home from school with a stomach bug and within six hours three out of four of us were down for the count. We haven’t been that sick in a very long time. Thankfully we’re on the upswing and getting back to normal. I can say that it is very difficult to take care of yourself plus kids when you’re that sick. This was definitely one time we wished we had family near by.
We don’t have a ton to talk about today so we thought we would take it easy. I saw this survey the other day on Janae’s blog and it looked like fun to play along.
Five Places We’re Dying to Visit
- Paris (Jen)
- Jamaica- We’re actually in the beginning steps of booking a cruise for next winter and this will be one of the stops!
- Italy (Travis)
- Nashville (Jen)
Five Foods We Could Eat Every Day
- Coffee (this is totally a food, right?)
- Yogurt – I prefer Greek while Travis likes regular. Parker likes his with added sprinkles!
Five Talents We Wish We Had
- Sewing (Jen)- I’m able to make basic things but I’d love to learn some more techniques!
- Swimming (Jen)- I’m talking different strokes and what not
- Car Repairs (Travis)
- Dancing- I’ve taken line dancing classes in the past but would love to try some other types! (Jen)
Five Running Quotes We LOVE
- If found on ground, please stop my Garmin! (Travis)
- Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go ~ T.S. Eliot
- Everything you ever wanted to know about yourself you can learn in 26.2 miles. ~ Lori Culnane
- There will be a day you can no longer do this, today is not that day.
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t- you’re right.- Henry Ford
Five Books On Our Current Reading Lists
- The Emperor’s Tomb by Steve Berry (Travis)
- The Martian by Andy Weir (Jen) – I have to read it before I can watch it!
- Meb for Mortals by Meb Keflezighi
- All The Light We Cannot See- Anthony Doerr (Jen)
- The Silent Sister- Diane Chamberlain (Jen)
Five Songs We Listen To On Repeat
- Chandelier – Twisted Measure (it’s a Sia cover, check it out– so good!) (Travis)
- Stand Up – James Durbin (Travis)
- Under the Sea – Sebastian from the Little Mermaid (Parker and Peyton…ok Jen too)
- When We Were Young- Adele (Jen)
- Love It Gone- Luke Bryan- (Jen) Travis got me tickets to see Luke Bryan for Christmas- the concert is in a few weeks!
Five TV Series We Can Watch On Repeat
- How I Met Your Mother
- New Girl
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Parker and Peyton)
- Bones (Travis)
- Pretty Little Liars (Jen)
Play along! Pick any of the topics and answer in the comments!
Have a great weekend!