Happy Friday! It’s been kind of a strange week around here with rotating and changing work schedules and trying to fit in runs but we’ve been making it work the best we can. We’ve got a few exciting and busy months coming up with vacations, races and visitors so today I thought I’d share some of the things we’re looking forward to.
- Vacation! Exactly one week from today we will be landing in Florida! Travis’ brother goes to school in Tampa and will be graduating next weekend so we’re heading down for the festivities. We’ll be staying for a week in Orlando and spending some time at my favorite place- Disney World! The kids can’t wait to see family that we’ve not been able to see since Christmas and we’re currently trying to decide how to divide up and spend our time in the Parks. For all of you Disney Buffs- it’s looking like we’ll be spending one whole day in Magic Kingdom- what are your must do’s? We’ll have both kids with us (ages four and one) so some of the rides will be out, but we’d like to do as much as possible in the time we’re there. All I know is that I can’t wait to get my hands on a Dole Whip!
- Buffalo Marathon Weekend- Just a few weeks after we get back from Orlando we’ll head to Buffalo for race weekend. This year they’ve got some fun things lined up at the expo, like a video Q&A with Meb that’s hosted by Bart Yasso so we’re definitely trying to get to that. You can read about last years race here. Travis will be running the challenge this year, consisting of the 5K on Saturday and the Marathon on Sunday while I will be running the Half.My mom will be flying in from Michigan to help us out with the kids while we’re at the race and will be spending a week with us- added bonus! After the race on Sunday we’re planning on heading to Niagara Falls before we head home.
- Our Piece By Piece 5K: Things are really starting to ramp up in preparation for this years race. We’ve been busy lining up all of our sponsors and starting to tie up loose ends so that everything runs smoothly on race day.
- Birthday Trip- Travis’ birthday happens to fall the day before his best friends birthday so every year they try to spend them together. Last year they spent the weekend in NYC and this year they will be heading to Philadelphia for a baseball game.
- Down time! Even though it’s fun to take trips and have visitors, it’s exhausting to constantly be on the go. It’ll be nice to be able to relax a little too. After the first week in June things will slow down for us for a few months before the fall gets crazy again. I’m planning on spending a lot of time outside with the kids once the school year is done towards the end of June.
Have any tips for Disney with two kids? Please share!