Happy Friday the 13th! We’re over the worst of our post vacation hangover and back to a somewhat normal schedule. The weather has been great this week which means Travis’ side business is starting to resume speed again. He does auto detailing so after winter people are very anxious to get the salt and sand off of their vehicles from winter. Peyton and I have been spending our days running errands while Parker is in school, trying to finish up our main projects for our 5k. We’re going to be out of town the entire weekend before so having everything squared away is going to be cruicial!
I’ve been thinking about what I’d like my goals to be for the summer, and here is what I’ve come up with so far:
1. Marathon training consistency: Once our Buffalo race is over I want to keep the momentum going into training for Chicago. It can be easy with nice weather and summer activities to start skipping training but thankfully, working with a coach gives extra accountability!
2. Nutrition: I’ve been slacking big time lately so it’s time to put some extra focus back on nutrition. I’ve been starting to clean up my diet again and really trying to drink more water during the day as well.
3. Cross training: Especially with marathon training starting (or continuing if you’re Travis) both of us need to do more cross training. There are a couple of outdoor classes that I’m looking into giving a shot over the summer, just to switch it up a little!
4. Outdoor activities for the whole family: Both of our kids love to be outside and there are a ton of outdoor activities in our area like a new nature center that we haven’t tried out yet. I want to make it a priority to try some new things with them both this year!
5. Finish all of our outdoor projects: We’ve got a LONG list of things we’ve been working on outside that never seem to get finished. We got a lot done last year with landscaping and building the fire pit, but this year is more maintenance things like painting and staining decks. Not as fun!
What are your summer goals?