Good morning and welcome back to the Tale of 2 Halfs! We’re linking up with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar for today’s Friday Five! The idea for today’s post is “Favorites” – and with such a horrible week in the news throughout the nation, especially Orlando, we decided to share five good things that happened this week.
1. Nashville, here I come!: For Mother’s day, I decided the best thing to get Jen would be some time away to recharge her batteries, doing something on her bucket list. So, after conspiring with her younger sister, we have finally booked her trip to Nashville for a few weeks from now. Sometimes the best thing to get a loving mother is some time away.
2. Olympic Medal Design Unveiled: I love the Olympics. I have for a long as I can remember. I don’t just watch the fan favorites, I watch as much as possible. I don’t like the monetization that they have become since the 90’s and long for the days of the 1980 Miracle on Ice when America rallied behind what all considered “more than just a game.” If they ever return to the United States, you can bet I will be attending. So I was excited to see the 2016 Summer Olympic medals design unveiled this week.
3. A Return to Training: It was back to training this week and after a few weeks of being off completely, it felt good. Although sometimes difficult with our busy schedules, running allows us an chance to work on ourselves in a way only we can understand. Now it’s time to focus our energies into the 2016 Chicago Marathon.
4. The Return of Summer: After a week of rain and high temperatures only reaching the 50’s, it’s been nice to get back to the beautiful weather upstate New York has to offer this time of year. It doesn’t take much to be happy, so take your kids to the park, spend some time outside and enjoy the long days this time of year has to offer!
5. Favorite Cover by Christina Grimmie: I watch YouTube daily and discovered a talented young singer many years ago, just like millions of others who subscribed to her channel. Her death this week was horrific. I wanted to conclude by linking to my favorite cover of hers. I hope you listen. May she rest in peace.
For every single person who has tragically had to cry for the loss of their loved one this week, Jen and I would just like to say that we are truly sorry.
“Be the change you want to see in the world”