Happy happy Friday! Is it just me or do the last few weeks/days leading up to a vacation seem to take forever to pass? That’s where we are right now. A week from tomorrow we’ll be headed to Punta Cana for a week of relaxing in the sun. There’s still a million things to do between now and then but there’s light at the end of the tunnel!
This week’s Friday Five is all about vacations! We live in a winter climate (although looking out the window and seeing grass in January, it seems a bit strange) so it’s fun to daydream about all the warm places to visit during the cold months. Here are five places we’d love to visit in the winter!
- Lake Placid, NY- This is one of our favorite places to visit. Neither of us ski or snowboard but Lake Placid offers a lot more than that. For those that do ski or snowboard there’s Whiteface mountain. There’s also a bobsled and luge experience, ice skating on the Olympic Oval, dog sled rides on Mirror Lake and an adorable downtown.
- Hawaii- This one is pretty high on my bucket list of vacations. I’m not even sure where I’d want to begin. Maybe just island hop for a week?
- The Dominican- This obviously makes our list. Punta Cana looks gorgeous and the weather is shaping up to be perfect. We’re staying at an all inclusive resort but have some off site activities planned like zip-lining and snorkeling.
- Disney- Winter and spring seem to be the best time to visit Disney. You don’t have to deal with the Florida summer heat and park crowds are a little thinner. Almost all of our Disney trips have been during winter months and the temperature has been perfect!
- Alaska- I think this was one we mentioned the last time we talked about vacations. Travis lived in Denali for a summer when he was in college and always talks about what a great experience it was and is dying to get back sometime soon.
Tell us, what’s the best vacation you’ve ever taken?