Good morning! We hope you’ve had a great week! I feel like we’ve been going non-stop since we got back from Michigan and we’re both exhausted! All of last week was devoted to planning the kids party and then we had company in town and this week has been full of meetings for Parker’s school. Travis will be leaving shortly for nearly 3 weeks worth of training so we’re trying to get caught up on things around here before he is gone.
At the end of a long week we love to be able to unwind during the weekend. This weekend we’ve got some fun things planned! Travis is going to take Parker skating again and I have plans to visit a local winery with a friend.
- Board games: this is one of our favorite things to do! We tend to get a little competitive with one another. I don’t think I’ve ever beat Travis in scrabble and the game Mad Gab has been banned by just about everyone that has ever played with me as I am undefeated. Cards Against Humanity has been a recent favorite as well. Parker is old enough now that we’re able to sit and play some games with him as well. He loves the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game!
- Cathching up on our favorite TV shows: This one doesn’t happen too often as evidenced by our extremely full DVR that contains shows from last season still. Some favorites include The Blacklist, New Girl and anything on TGIT (seriously, Shonda Rimes is a genius!).
- Exercise: this may not seem very relaxing but it’s a fantastic way to shake off a long day and clear our minds. Our new treadmill is being delivered today and I’m counting the minutes!
- Projects: we both have a bit of a DIY bug. Travis is currently building a toy box for Peyton (he also built one for Parker for his first birthday. It’s tradition and hopefully the kids will be able to keep the chests as they grow up.). I’m learning to crochet and love sewing and other craft projects. I just finished a baby blanket for a friend that took well over a month to finish. I like that I can crochet and still follow a TV show at the same time.
- Video Games: This one is all Travis. I have a hard time understanding how it’s relaxing to him with all of the cursing that ends up being directed at the TV, haha!
What’s your favorite board game?
Who wants to play Mad Gab with me?